Nature Artists’ Guild members may want to get out their calendar and highlight the following dates for 2015 –
- From January 14 through February 28, 2015, the Nature Artists’ Guild will be exhibiting at Mayslake Peabody Estate, with an artists’ reception on January 14, 2015 from 6 until 8 pm.
- On January 24, 2015, Dr. Stephen Moshier of the Meyer Science Center at Wheaton College will give Nature Artists’ Guild members a brief tour of their collections, from which members will then be invited to sketch, draw, or paint.
- On February 5, the Nature Artists’ Guild welcomes scientific illustrator Carrie Carlson, presenting linoleum block printing depicting nature.
- On February 10, 2015, a small dose of the tropics, as members enjoy the much-anticipated paint-out at Orchids by Hausermann.
- On March 5, 2015 fiber artist Barbara Schneider will present her methods of portraying leaves, water and tree rings, influenced by the Japanese concept of Wabi Sabi.
- On March 17, 2015, Nature Artists’ Guild members can participate in the fun annual paint-out at Jurica-Suchy Nature Museum.
More details will be forthcoming as the dates approach, but please feel free to click on any of the links above (in bold) for more information about the artists or locations.
3 thoughts on “A Sneak Peek at the 2015 Nature Artists’ Guild Winter and Spring Events”
Can you put the times of the Mayslake reception on this site? thanks.
Thank you, Marilyn! Your help is much appreciated.
Prospectus says Mayslake reception is Jan. 14; this states Jan. 10. Please send correction. Thanks.