On Tuesday, September 19, 2017, members of the Nature Artists’ Guild are invited to attend a paint-out at the preserve between 9 am and noon. Interested members are encouraged to RSVP to Jane Kellenberger, whose contact information can be found in their Yearbook, and should meet in the Winfield Road Entrance main parking lot, 2S541 Winfield Road, Warrenville.
There is still plenty of room for members to drop-in at the Nature Artists’ Guild paint-out at the Gardens of Ball. Grab your art supplies, folding chair, and camera and stop by!
Please click on the above highlighted link for more information.
The Gardens at Ball have been the evaluation and testing grounds for the world’s wealth of horticultural introductions and improvements for nearly 80 years. What began as a row trial garden for seed varieties in 1933 has grown to encompass over 9 acres of display beds for annuals, perennials, cut flowers and vegetables, including the newest plants from the industry’s leading breeders and marketers. http://www.ballhort.com/GardensAtBall/
On the morning of Thursday, August 24, 2017, members of the Nature Artists’ Guild of The Morton Arboretum are invited to attend a paint-out at The Gardens at Ball, Ball Horticultural Company, 622 Town Road, West Chicago, IL between 9 am and noon.
Participants are asked to RSVP to Jane Kellenberger, and should bring a folding chair, art supplies, and their camera for this exciting opportunity. Many thanks to Jane for the wonderful photos (please click on any photo for a larger version). Her contact information can be found in the Nature Artists’ Guild Yearbook.
- This month’s Nature Artists’ Guild paint-out is scheduled for Thursday, June 22, 2017 from 9 am until noon in the Ground Cover Garden of The Morton Arboretum. Please click on the highlighted link for details.
- A Nature Artists’ Guild Special Exhibit, Impressions of Nature, at A Gallery of Nature opens at Wasco Nursery and Garden Center in St. Charles, IL this Friday, June 23, 2017. Participating artists should drop off their work on Tuesday, June 20 between 11 am and 1 pm. All are invited to attend a public reception on Saturday, July 22, 2017 between 3 and 5 pm to meet the artists, enjoy some light refreshments, view 30 works of nature art and observe a few of the artists engaging in the creative process. Please click on the above highlighted link for driving directions and more information.
- The Summer Encounter – Nature Artist’s Journal is well underway, but members can still join in. More details are available by clicking on this link.
- The next Nature Artists’ Guild program is scheduled for Thursday, August 3, 2017. More information coming soon about what promises to be a fun and informative evening!
A living carpet of foliage and flowers graces The Morton Arboretum’s Ground Cover Garden, linking the Visitor Center to the Research Center and the Sterling Morton Library.
The original garden was built in 1938. It is one of the more densely planted and diverse gardens in the Arboretum, with over 350 different plants amid shady, winding paths with strategically placed benches that allow visitors to enjoy a moment of seclusion and tranquility.
The Ground Cover Garden consists of perennial plants and ground covers chosen to complement trees and shrubs, blanketing the ground with a wonderful assortment of attractive flowers and foliage.
Those members participating in the 2017 Summer Encounter can use this opportunity to add to their Nature Artist’s Journal. All others can simply enjoy a morning of sketching, painting and photographing in a setting fit for an Impressionist.
Nature Artists’ Guild members are encouraged, but not required, to RSVP to Jane Kellenberger for this paint-out. Jane’s contact information can be found in their Yearbook. Artists may consider bringing a folding chair (although a few benches may be available for use) along with their art supplies, something to drink and a camera.
With rain expected tomorrow, the Nature Artists’ Guild paint-out at the Gardens at Cantigny Park has been rescheduled to the rain date, Thursday, May 25, 2017. Participants can meet at the Visitors Center at 9 am, or join the group in the gardens any time before noon.
Please click on the above highlighted link for more information about the paint-out.
- The paint-out at The Gardens at Cantigny Park has been rescheduled for Thursday, May 25, 2017 (originally scheduled for Tuesday, May 23, but changed due to weather concerns). Please contact Jane Kellenberger if there are any questions. You can also click on this link for more information.
- Prospectuses (which were e-mailed in late April) for this summer’s Nature Artists’ Guild Special Exhibit, Impressions of Nature, at A Gallery of Nature at Wasco Nursery and Garden Center in St. Charles, IL are due on Saturday, May 27, 2017. Please contact Gary Chipman if there are any questions.
- The Summer Encounter begins on June 1, 2017. 30 Nature Artists’ Guild members have already agreed to try to get outdoors this summer to create a Nature Artist’s Journal. Check your e-mail for details and contact Evelyn Grala if there are any questions.
- On the evening of June 1, 2017, the Nature Artists’ Guild welcomes Marge Hall and her Floral Portraits to the Thornhill Education Center of The Morton Arboretum. Guests and visitors are also welcome to attend this free presentation. Please click on this link for more details.
Nature Artists’ Guild members will find contact information for Jane, Gary, and Evelyn in their Yearbook.