While we certainly agree that trees are beautiful in their natural state, some added sparkle does a great job of welcoming the holiday season. This year, many of the trees at the entrance and near the Visitor’s Center of The Morton Arboretum have been adorned, branch by branch, all the way down to the smallest twigs, with blue, white and green lights. The effect is stunning!
More beautifully lit trees are being featured at The Morton Arboretum’s Illumination event, according to their website, www.mortonarb.org–
Illumination is an outdoor event on a one-mile, gently rolling, paved path that takes approximately one and one-half hours to complete. Please dress for the weather. Food and beverage concessions are available for purchase.
Walking along the paved trail you can:
- Hug a tree to make it grow brighter
- Sing to a tree and watch it change color
- Interact with light and color with a swipe of your hand
- And many more surprising experiences around every turn!
Also be sure to:
- Warm up next to fire pits while enjoying hot cocoa, s’mores, and other delights
- Visit the Enchanted Railroad and stop in to browse the holiday wares at The Arboretum Store
- Enjoy energy-efficient, environmentally-friendly LED lighting that provides beautiful, powerful color while consuming only half the power of traditional incandescent lights
You can find more details for this event by clicking on Illumination, Tree Lights at The Morton Arboretum.