On Thursday, October 4, 2018, from 7 until 9 pm, Nature Artists’ Guild members, guests, and visitors will be treated to a presentation by the talented pastel artist, Pamela Hamilton, at the Thornhill Education Center of The Morton Arboretum.
- Attendees will be invited to take and share some posters and postcards for the upcoming 2018 Holiday (Autumn) Exhibition of Natural History Art at The Morton Arboretum. The posters and postcards, designed by Evelyn Grala, will feature the work of the show’s Featured Artist, Gary Chipman. More on Gary and the exhibit to come soon.
- Guild members will have the opportunity to pick up a few blank small canvases to finish in time for fundraising at the exhibit.
- Those Guild members who participated in the 2018 Summer Sketchbook Encounter are invited to share their accomplishments in a display of sketchbooks at the meeting.
- Prospective future Guild members are invited to attend for an anonymous and pressure-free glimpse into the dynamics of the group to see whether it would be a good fit for their interests. Guild members will be available for questions, and there will be one-year “membership scholarship” application forms available.
- As always, there will be light refreshments as well, in the setting of a historic building at the renowned Morton Arboretum, all free-of-charge for anyone who wishes to attend. Visitors should let the gate attendant know they are there for the Nature Artists’ Guild program for free admission and to be directed to Thornhill.
Please click on any of the highlighted links or on the images for more information.