The unique pleasures of Autumn make for a busy (the busiest?) season at The Morton Arboretum and for the Nature Artists’ Guild. Here are some reminders to keep everyone on track!
- Nature Artists’ Guild members who would like to participate in the upcoming 2017 Autumn (Holiday) Exhibition of Natural History Art need to have their completed prospectuses postmarked by Thursday, September 28, 2017. All requirements are detailed on the prospectus which was e-mailed to eligible members approximately a month ago. Drop-off of artwork for the exhibit will take place on the evening of Wednesday, November 1 between 6 and 8 pm at the Cudahy Auditorium in the Administration and Research Center at The Morton Arboretum.
- Renewing members can mail their $45 membership dues for next year beginning on October 1, 2017. Dues should be mailed to the treasurer, Nancy Wu, whose contact information can be found in the Yearbook. New members are also welcome and can mail their dues to the address provided on the membership brochure. New or renewing members can also pay in person at the October 5, 2017 meeting or the upcoming exhibit.
- On October 5, 2017, the Nature Artists’ Guild will sponsor a program featuring artist Patricia Larkin Green and Sumi-e brush painting. This program is free-of-charge and open to the public. More details can be seen by clicking on this link.
- There is still time to enroll in one or more of the Autumn Nature Art classes or workshops at The Morton Arboretum, many of which are taught by members of the Nature Artists’ Guild. Please click on this link to the Arboretum’s class listings for more information. All classes are open to the public.
- The 2017 Autumn (Holiday) Exhibition of Natural History Art will open on the evening of Friday, November 3, 2017 with a reception for guests of the artists and members of The Morton Arboretum and will continue throughout the weekend, Saturday, November 4 and Sunday, November 5, 2017, for the enjoyment of all visitors to The Morton Arboretum. E-mail postcards will be made available soon to Nature Artists’ Guild members. The official exhibit posters and postcards featuring the work of Peggy McGahan and designed by Evelyn Grala will be available for members to pick up at the October 5, 2017 meeting or at the Thornhill office thereafter.