Perhaps you, like many of us, enjoy taking an occasional break from the heat and humidity of summer. If so, you may wish to consider enrolling in one of the summer classes offered in The Morton Arboretum’s Botanical Art and Illustration program.
You can enjoy nature in a gorgeous setting while avoiding the heat and insects of the season by choosing from these (mostly) indoor classes offered by The Morton Arboretum –
- Begin to Draw Nature
- Botanical Art and Illustration: Pencil
- Plants in Watercolor I
- Underpainting Techniques in Pastel
- Botanical Art in Garden Catalogs
- Making Mosaics for the Garden
- Garden Journaling
- Summer Mandala
- Insects in Polymer Clay
- Master’s Studio – Summer Flowers in Colored Pencil
- Visiting Artist – Scott Harding, Landscapes in Watersoluble Oil
The classes are open to all (you do not need to be a member of the Nature Artists’ Guild nor The Morton Arboretum, nor be enrolled in the Art and Illustration Certificate Program to participate) and many are suitable for beginners. Some of the more advanced classes, though, have suggested prerequisites. Please click here for class descriptions and details!