New Display Panels!

As many of you know, our display panels have been showing a lot of wear and tear – to the point that we’ve had to place additional limits on the size/weight of artwork that is accepted for the exhibitions. Guild members and Arboretum staff worked together this past summer to research new panel systems and to develop a funding plan.

I’m thrilled to announce that The Arboretum has decided to pay 80 percent of the cost of new panels. The Guild will pay the remaining 20 percent from existing funds.

The funding recognizes the increasing use of the panels by several Arboretum departments, including the Education Department. And it is a wondeful show of support for the Guild. The panels will be ordered soon. It’s not known yet whether they will arrive in time for the Holiday exhibition.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s