Our Fund-Raising Committee Co-chairs Nancy Thyfault and Brenda Spitzer have a fun workshop planned for this year’s spring exhibit fundraising table! The workshop will take place at the Thornhill Education Center of The Morton Arboretum on March 24, 2012 from about 9:30 am until about 1:00 pm. Here’s what we can look forward to –
Join us to create one of a kind treasures for our Artisan Shop (fundraising table).
There are some new things to try out:
Sharon Malec has a wrapped branch project. These look great in a vase. Please bring:
- Freshly cut branches, fairly sturdy ones
- Any scrap yarn, any color.
Brenda Spitzer will demonstrate ArtEmboss, a method of embossing metal. The metal can be displayed on its own, or attached to a support, such as a wooden box. Please bring:
- An old mouse pad (to put beneath the metal)
- A design no larger than 4” x 4” drawn on tracing paper..
- Brenda will supply styluses and metal.
Laser copies of artwork (ink jet will wash away) which can be made at any office supply store. Make multiple sizes to cut up. Copies sized 8.5 x 11 and reduced down from that work well.
- Old pieces of jewelry or found objects
- A burnisher, if you have one (we can share)
- An old stiff brush for application
- Acrylic paints & brushes
- A water container
We will have trays, boxes and other items to decorate or paint on. The embossed metal and/found objects can be incorporated onto your piece, as well.
This workshop will incorporate some new, fresh ideas with some old standbys. Don’t miss it!
You may join us or leave at any time. If YOUR time is short, stop by and pick up something to work on at home.
See you there!
Nancy and Brenda