- This month’s Nature Artists’ Guild paint-out is scheduled for Thursday, June 22, 2017 from 9 am until noon in the Ground Cover Garden of The Morton Arboretum. Please click on the highlighted link for details.
- A Nature Artists’ Guild Special Exhibit, Impressions of Nature, at A Gallery of Nature opens at Wasco Nursery and Garden Center in St. Charles, IL this Friday, June 23, 2017. Participating artists should drop off their work on Tuesday, June 20 between 11 am and 1 pm. All are invited to attend a public reception on Saturday, July 22, 2017 between 3 and 5 pm to meet the artists, enjoy some light refreshments, view 30 works of nature art and observe a few of the artists engaging in the creative process. Please click on the above highlighted link for driving directions and more information.
- The Summer Encounter – Nature Artist’s Journal is well underway, but members can still join in. More details are available by clicking on this link.
- The next Nature Artists’ Guild program is scheduled for Thursday, August 3, 2017. More information coming soon about what promises to be a fun and informative evening!
- The paint-out at The Gardens at Cantigny Park has been rescheduled for Thursday, May 25, 2017 (originally scheduled for Tuesday, May 23, but changed due to weather concerns). Please contact Jane Kellenberger if there are any questions. You can also click on this link for more information.
- Prospectuses (which were e-mailed in late April) for this summer’s Nature Artists’ Guild Special Exhibit, Impressions of Nature, at A Gallery of Nature at Wasco Nursery and Garden Center in St. Charles, IL are due on Saturday, May 27, 2017. Please contact Gary Chipman if there are any questions.
- The Summer Encounter begins on June 1, 2017. 30 Nature Artists’ Guild members have already agreed to try to get outdoors this summer to create a Nature Artist’s Journal. Check your e-mail for details and contact Evelyn Grala if there are any questions.
- On the evening of June 1, 2017, the Nature Artists’ Guild welcomes Marge Hall and her Floral Portraits to the Thornhill Education Center of The Morton Arboretum. Guests and visitors are also welcome to attend this free presentation. Please click on this link for more details.
Nature Artists’ Guild members will find contact information for Jane, Gary, and Evelyn in their Yearbook.
Thank you to Nature Artists’ Guild member Carol Jean Rogalski for this link to information about America’s Flora, Linking People to Plants through Botanical Art, opening in Washington D.C. in collaboration with the United States Botanic Garden in May 2018. Please click on the highlighted link for more information about this exhibition of artwork by members of the American Society of Botanical Artists. Members of the Nature Artists’ Guild who are also members of the ASBA may possibly be represented in this juried exhibit of botanical art.
The first Nature Artists’ Guild exhibit of the new year opens tomorrow, January 4, 2017 at the Downers Grove Library, 1050 Curtiss Street, Downers Grove, IL. The exhibit will be open during normal library hours, 9 am to 9 pm on weekdays, 9 am to 5 pm on Saturdays, and 1 pm to 5 pm on Sundays.
The Downers Grove Library has a wonderful gallery space featuring rotating displays, and even has its own collection of art. The exhibit of select works by members of the Nature Artists’ Guild of The Morton Arboretum runs through February 1, 2017.
The Friends of Danada are proud to present their annual Nature Art and Photo exhibit on the weekend of October 8 and 9, 2016 between 11 am and 5 pm. Nature artists and photographers throughout the Chicagoland area are invited to participate in this juried exhibit located inside Danada House, the beautiful and historic former home of Dan and Ada Rice, at 3S507 Naperville Road in Wheaton, IL.
The Friends of Danada Nature Art and Photo Exhibit is held in conjunction with the Forest Preserve District of DuPage County’s largest event of the year, the annual Danada Fall Festival. This popular festival is held on Sunday at the Danada Equestrian Center, on the grounds of Danada House, and attracts over 10,000 visitors each year. Parking and admission to the event are free-of-charge.
An artists and photographers reception will be held at Danada House on Friday, October 7, 2016 from 7 to 9 pm. Winners in the various categories will be announced at that time.
For more information about participating in the Friends of Danada Nature Art and Photo Exhibit, please click here for Friends of Danada contact information.
Update: Susan Bartlett’s Paper, pictured below, was awarded a first place ribbon at the Danada Nature Art and Photo Exhibit. This stunning work is “colored pencil on five different papers and is titled Paper in reference to the paper birch, paper kite butterfly, paper wasp and paper whites”. Congratulations to Susan and all of the other Nature Artists’ Guild members who participated, some of whom were awarded “Honorable Mention” ribbons.
Please click on the image for directions and gallery hours. The reception will be between 5:30 and 7:30 pm on Friday, July 15, 2016. To read more about the exhibit, please click on this link to a previous post.
Lindsay Sandbothe’s large-scale paintings of birds on wood have been inspiring awe at Nature Artists’ Guild exhibits for years! Now, Lindsay’s first solo exhibit will feature all of her best artwork in one setting. Please see the postcard below for details about the exhibit and the opening reception on July 9, 2016 from noon until 2 pm. Congratulations, Lindsay!