- This month’s Nature Artists’ Guild paint-out is scheduled for Thursday, June 22, 2017 from 9 am until noon in the Ground Cover Garden of The Morton Arboretum. Please click on the highlighted link for details.
- A Nature Artists’ Guild Special Exhibit, Impressions of Nature, at A Gallery of Nature opens at Wasco Nursery and Garden Center in St. Charles, IL this Friday, June 23, 2017. Participating artists should drop off their work on Tuesday, June 20 between 11 am and 1 pm. All are invited to attend a public reception on Saturday, July 22, 2017 between 3 and 5 pm to meet the artists, enjoy some light refreshments, view 30 works of nature art and observe a few of the artists engaging in the creative process. Please click on the above highlighted link for driving directions and more information.
- The Summer Encounter – Nature Artist’s Journal is well underway, but members can still join in. More details are available by clicking on this link.
- The next Nature Artists’ Guild program is scheduled for Thursday, August 3, 2017. More information coming soon about what promises to be a fun and informative evening!
- The paint-out at The Gardens at Cantigny Park has been rescheduled for Thursday, May 25, 2017 (originally scheduled for Tuesday, May 23, but changed due to weather concerns). Please contact Jane Kellenberger if there are any questions. You can also click on this link for more information.
- Prospectuses (which were e-mailed in late April) for this summer’s Nature Artists’ Guild Special Exhibit, Impressions of Nature, at A Gallery of Nature at Wasco Nursery and Garden Center in St. Charles, IL are due on Saturday, May 27, 2017. Please contact Gary Chipman if there are any questions.
- The Summer Encounter begins on June 1, 2017. 30 Nature Artists’ Guild members have already agreed to try to get outdoors this summer to create a Nature Artist’s Journal. Check your e-mail for details and contact Evelyn Grala if there are any questions.
- On the evening of June 1, 2017, the Nature Artists’ Guild welcomes Marge Hall and her Floral Portraits to the Thornhill Education Center of The Morton Arboretum. Guests and visitors are also welcome to attend this free presentation. Please click on this link for more details.
Nature Artists’ Guild members will find contact information for Jane, Gary, and Evelyn in their Yearbook.
The weather could hardly have been nicer, the grounds were in glorious bloom, the exhibit was beautiful, and the visitors were plentiful. The 2017 Spring Exhibition of Natural History Art at The Morton Arboretum last weekend was, by all accounts, an outstanding success.
So much effort went into every detail that isn’t surprising that it all came together in such a wonderful way. Congratulations and thank you to all who contributed in so many ways, both large and small.
Finally, congratulations to whoever convinced that happy little unseen but tirelessly exuberant bird to welcome visitors at the beginning of the walkway. (Thanks to the finely-tuned birding ear of Carol Cooley for identifying our tiny greeter as a White-throated Sparrow.)
Please click on any of the highlighted links for more information, and please feel free to leave a comment.
For members of The Morton Arboretum and guests of Nature Artists’ Guild members, the Artists’ Reception for the Spring Exhibit of Natural History Art on Friday evening, April 7, from 5 until 9 pm will include a bonus exhibition of the work of and an opportunity to meet Luciana Peters in the Sterling Morton Library, located next to the Cudahy Auditorium in the Administration & Research Center.
Luciana Peters has been an active and influential member of the Nature Artists’ Guild for 30 years, and an illustrator and artist for almost 80! At the age of 97 1/2, Luciana has a long list of accomplishments to be proud of, and is still working on more.
Luciana began her career as a commercial illustrator at the age of 18 in the late 1930’s, and has contributed to Vogue, Parade and Harper’s Magazines. As comfortable in nature as in the big city, Luciana is also an award-winning children’s book illustrator, an accomplished botanical artist, portrait artist, and naturalist. Her art is widely loved and collected and the Nature Artists’ Guild is honored to have her as a member.
Nature Artists’ Guild members can read more about Luciana in an article by Gail Diedrichsen for the Spring edition of The Nature Artists’ Quarterly.
The food is being ordered, the rooms are being prepared, the flowers are being planned, and the exhibiting artists of the Nature Artists’ Guild are busy finishing up details or picking up their work from the framer.
Artwork drop-off (more officially known as Referee Night) is next Wednesday, April 5, 2017 between 6 and 8 pm in the Cudahy Auditorium, located in the Administration & Research Center of The Morton Arboretum.
The opening of the exhibit and Artists’ Reception takes place on Friday, April 7, 2017 from 5 until 9 pm in the historic Sterling Morton Library, also located in the Administration & Research Center. Refreshments will be available and all members of The Morton Arboretum as well as guests of the artists are invited. Guests can let the gate attendant know they are there for the exhibit and they will admitted free-of-charge and directed to the location.
The exhibit will continue throughout the weekend of April 8 and April 9, 2017 between 10 am and 4 pm and is open to all Arboretum visitors. The Cudahy Auditorium is just a short and scenic walk from the Visitor Center.
Artwork pickup will be on Sunday, April 9, 2017 between 4:15 and 4:45 pm.
Congratulations to Nancy Wu, the featured artist for the Nature Artists’ Guild Spring Exhibit of Natural History Art. Nancy and nearly 50 other members of the Nature Artists’ Guild of The Morton Arboretum in Lisle, IL will be exhibiting more than 150 stunning works of nature art in a variety of media. The exhibition is open to all and admission is free, although a fee will be required (except for members) for entry into The Morton Arboretum.
An artists’ reception is scheduled for the evening of Friday, April 7, 2017 for members of The Morton Arboretum as well as guests of the artists. Nature Artists’ Guild members will receive a copy of the postcard with all the details by e-mail, which they can forward to their friends and family.
Copies of exhibit posters and postcards are available at the Thornhill office, or by contacting Evelyn Grala or exhibit co-chairpersons Patty Koenigsaecker or Mary Sinclair. Members can find contact information in their Yearbook.
Please click on this website’s Featured Artist page for more artwork by Nancy Wu .
The snowflakes outside remind us that yes, we were fooled once again this year by the recent gorgeous weather. We weren’t the only ones, though. Birds, mammals, bugs and even reptiles have also been out soaking up the sunshine and warm temperatures in the last few days.
Spring will have sprung before we know it, though, and Nature Artists’ Guild members have plenty to keep them busy until it arrives-
- Prospectuses for the Spring Exhibition of Natural History Art at The Morton Arboretum are due on Wednesday, March 1, 2017
- Peggy Macnamara will be the featured speaker at the next Nature Artists’ Guild program from 7 until 9 pm on Thursday, March 2, 2017
- The Jurica-Suchy Nature Museum paint-out will be happening from 1 until 4 on Friday, March 10, 2017
- The wonderful Winter Encounter has one more week to go
- Openings are available for upcoming art classes offered by The Morton Arboretum
- The Spring Exhibition of Natural History Art will be held on the weekend of April 8th and April 9th, 2017 at The Morton Arboretum, with a special artists’ reception for Arboretum members and guests of the artists on Friday, April 7, 2017. Check back soon for more about this event and the exhibition’s Featured Artist, Nancy Wu.
Please click on any of the highlighted links to read more. Some events are open to the public, while others are reserved for members of the Nature Artists’ Guild.